Search This Blog

Saturday, January 5, 2013

The little girl

At my table I sat today,
To clear my head, get some things out of the way,
I stared out my window, into the pouring rain,
The evening sky dull, a dimly lit lane,
Across the street stood a girl, crying,
With each teardrop, a part of her, dying,
Her troubles seemed to push her down,
Once an innocent smile, now a frown,
Too young to understand the world,
Too young, just a little girl,
Even though she would cry,
She would still hold her head high,
She seemed to hope for a better day,
The rain soon stopped, and cleared away,
Her sorrow began to disappear,
And to me it was clear,
The troubles you have are yours only,
The reason you're sad or you're lonely,
Will only stay on in your mind,
If you leave your innocence behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment