Search This Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Perfect Kill: #2 The Crime Scene.


I took out a cigarette, began to smoke,
It helped me to hear, as the crime scene spoke,
Two stained glasses and a bottle of wine,
A broken wall clock stuck at five past nine,
I walked over to the bookshelf, layered with dust,
As I stood there I felt a gust,
The windows all closed, and so was the door,
But then I noticed a paper on the floor,
Quivering gently at my feet,
It sat there, folded neat,
I picked it up and held it near,
“A gift for my dear Jay”,
Incomplete although it seemed,
Within me, excitement teemed,
I opened the folds, ever so slow,
What the letter contained, I wanted to know,
Slowly the writing began to show,
And I felt a stone in my throat,
“This is just the beginning.”, the letter read,
“If you don’t stop me, more will be dead.”,
“Consider it as a game of chess, and I have taken my turn”,
“I will not stop until you die, until I watch you burn”,
Taken aback I was although,
I did my best to not let it show,

“S.M.”.

No comments:

Post a Comment